Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Bought a new car can the contract be voided if the dates…

Customer Question
Bought a new car can...
Bought a new car can the contract be voided if the dates when I signed is not correct. This would be the 2nd time a correction would have to be done. The first time they used my daughters info on file that they had.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/15/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Has any money been exchanged? Did you want to cancel the contract?

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Unfortunately, a mere error regarding the date on the contract is not enough to make it voidable if all the other terms are valid and correct. It would be considered harmless error. If you tried to terminate without the consent of the seller you would be in breach.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Are you still online with me?

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?