Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I found a metal spring in fresh ground peanut butter from a…

Customer Question
I found a metal spring...
I found a metal spring in fresh ground peanut butter from a market. I was lucky and did not put it into my mouth. Do I have any recourse with the store??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/14/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally for a product liability claim, in order to be entitled to anything more than a refund for the product you had to suffer injury. If you were not injured from the foreign object, then all they are liable to give you is your money back for the product. If you were injured, you would be entitled to medical expenses and pain and suffering.