Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I found a metal spring in fresh ground peanut butter from a

Customer Question

I found a metal spring in fresh ground peanut butter from a market. I was lucky and did not put it into my mouth. Do I have any recourse with the store??
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally for a product liability claim, in order to be entitled to anything more than a refund for the product you had to suffer injury. If you were not injured from the foreign object, then all they are liable to give you is your money back for the product. If you were injured, you would be entitled to medical expenses and pain and suffering.