Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm 75y/o i live on Cape Ma., on minimum Social Security.

Customer Question
I'm 75y/o i live on...
I'm 75y/o i live on Cape Cod Ma., on minimum Social Security. After 8 years my son of 36y/o text me. He said that he has been disable for years now, and is applying for SSI while living on the street in NYC. When I can afford it i send him money Western Union, of which he has been robbed several times, and when he goes into a homeless shelter in Brooklyn he gets beat-up. Presently he is appealing a disability case with SSI, through Binder and Binder law firm. I have researched reviews of Binder and Binder and everything that is reported is totally totally negative to the point of being criminal, even by their employees, past and present. All reports advise not to go with Binder and Binder because they will keep your awarded money. His appeal case comes up soon. Can anything be done about Binder and binder scamming him, out of any benefits that may be awarded to him. I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/13/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Thank you for the information.

I am not sure how the law firm can scam him out of the money. Social Security Administration would make a direct deposit to him. He needs to set up the direct deposit account with Social Security Administration. Click on the link below for more information:

ttps://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/ArticleFolder/480/Direct-Deposit

If the law firm is doing anything unethical, he needs to file complaint against the firm with Social Security Administration. Click on the link below for complaint information:

https://www.socialsecurity.gov/representation/conduct_standards.htm