How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19107
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 75y/o i live on Cape Ma., on minimum Social Security.

Customer Question

I'm 75y/o i live on Cape Cod Ma., on minimum Social Security. After 8 years my son of 36y/o text me. He said that he has been disable for years now, and is applying for SSI while living on the street in NYC. When I can afford it i send him money Western Union, of which he has been robbed several times, and when he goes into a homeless shelter in Brooklyn he gets beat-up. Presently he is appealing a disability case with SSI, through Binder and Binder law firm. I have researched reviews of Binder and Binder and everything that is reported is totally totally negative to the point of being criminal, even by their employees, past and present. All reports advise not to go with Binder and Binder because they will keep your awarded money. His appeal case comes up soon. Can anything be done about Binder and binder scamming him, out of any benefits that may be awarded to him. I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

I am not sure how the law firm can scam him out of the money. Social Security Administration would make a direct deposit to him. He needs to set up the direct deposit account with Social Security Administration. Click on the link below for more information:


If the law firm is doing anything unethical, he needs to file complaint against the firm with Social Security Administration. Click on the link below for complaint information:

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions