Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My disability was the only income I was receiving at the

Customer Question

My disability was the only income I was receiving at the time, which I have paid into through my work. I was out for a total hip replacement. This goes with the question do I have to pay the $900.00 back under these circumstances?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the confusion...I thought you said you were working (and that is why they are demanding the money back...is that not the case)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They paid me monthly, so when I went back to work a few days prior to the next installment date they are now asking me to repay them.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Sorry...perhaps I am missing something. You can not draw disability insurance while you were earning a wage.

So you went to work and they paid you disability for part of that period? Is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you...then they can demand that money back. YOu can not collect both wage and disability.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was paid my monthly installment, but went to work a few days prior to receiving another installment. Now I need to know if legally I have to pay it back.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

You can not get both...you can not receive both disability pay and your salary. Period.

IF you did? Then they can demand that you repay the disability money.

IF you did not receive both (at the same time) then you do not have to repay the money