How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 26852
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased something online and never received the product,

Customer Question

I purchased something online and never received the product, but their business is located in a different state. Can I have a lawyer represent me in small claims court? If so, will the attorney's fees be covered in the settlement?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


There are a handful of states that don't allow attorneys at all in small claims court. If you reply to this question thread and tell me where you want to sue, I can tell you if lawyers are allowed. But you can expect to pay your own attorney fees, win or lose. They will not be accorded as part of a small claims judgment.