Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased something online and never received the product,

Customer Question
but their business is located...
I purchased something online and never received the product, but their business is located in a different state. Can I have a lawyer represent me in small claims court? If so, will the attorney's fees be covered in the settlement?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/11/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

There are a handful of states that don't allow attorneys at all in small claims court. If you reply to this question thread and tell me where you want to sue, I can tell you if lawyers are allowed. But you can expect to pay your own attorney fees, win or lose. They will not be accorded as part of a small claims judgment.