How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 2157
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neighbor has a 60 ft tall CB radio in a suburban area. It

Customer Question

My neighbor has a 60 ft tall CB radio in a suburban area. It knocks out our Internet, Cell Phones, Lan Lines, nearly everything in the house. I'm currently an Online College student as is the person i am living with and it is extremly difficult for us to do our work. We have contacted the FCC a number of times, all of which refer us to the Local police to solve our issue. The local police say they can't do anything because its FCC laws he's breaking (which he is breaking several of) Would it be possible for us to sue him for our college tuition, or at least get a cease and desist order?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. You probably could not claim damages for lost tuition but you could certainly seek an injunction asking him to limit the times it runs or to remove it as it is blocking out your signal for your communications in your home. It is interfering with your quiet enjoyment of your home. What might help your case is if you collectively file it with any neighbors who are also being affected by this. I think a judge would likely order him to remove it or somehow restrict the timings that it runs.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

ny additional questions?

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions