How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 26819
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a phone call soliciting a product called Plankton,

Customer Question

I received a phone call soliciting a product called Plankton, a supplement type product. I had purchased two products from someone in this same office a month earlier. I had planned to wait until all three products arrived before I would consume any of them.
I placed an order for the Plankton. They would not accept a credit card and required that I send a check through electronic transfer of funds. Foolishly, I did so. The amount of that check was $1,590. (I feel stupid even admitting that!)
I received no product. At one month inquiry I was told their shipment had not passed their quality control standards and that they would send my order when their next shipment arrived. At my two month inquiry I was told they had shipped it. I never received it. They said they had used US Postal and never bothered to insure the package. They said it must be lost in shipment. They couldn't trace it.
Now, at three and one half months I have no product (nor do I any longer want it), and they have had my money ($1,590).
I believe they have given my information to other solicitors from whom I have received additional calls. These solicitors have information on the check I authorized, both check number and amount of the check.
How do I get my money back. There are about five persons working in this office, and they refuse to answer me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Do you have a website for this company? The big issue here is whether you are dealing with a bona fide company or whether you are dealing with outright scammers masquerading as a company selling a supplement. If the former, you have already taken steps to report them to the BBB and to the Federal Trade Commission for their failure to refund your money when your product never arrived. You can also report them to your State Attorney General's Office as they handle consumer complaints in your state. If none of that gets you anything, you would have to take them to court for the return of your money. You're out $1,500, which means that you can bring this matter yourself in small claims court, where you would not need a lawyer. If, on the other hand, they are not a real company, but only scammers, then you won't be able to find them to serve them unless/until law enforcement can discover who and where they really are and bring them to justice. So you would also want to report the company to your police and to the FBI. The latter handles matters like this on their Internet Crime Complaint Center at

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions