Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am trying to trade a vehicle in Ive owned years. The

Customer Question
I am trying to trade...
I am trying to trade a vehicle in Ive owned for 7 years. The dealership I am buying a new car from says the title is not in my name but in the used car dealership I originally bought the vehicle from. I paid cash for it originally, what do I do? I have not had any contact with the Used car lot for the past 7 years How can they still own it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/3/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Is the title not in your name? Did you not get a title when you purchased the car?