Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I work manufacturer of disposable medical supplies. We have…

Customer Question
Hello, I work for a...
Hello, I work for a manufacturer of disposable medical supplies.
We have several types of product nearing expiration. If the company sells expired product is there a potential for me to bring a whistleblower suit against them?
Also, are there any FDA rules prohibiting a US company from selling these products to a foreign country where their health care is so poor that they will pay for the expired goods?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/3/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
  • Good morning. Currently there are no US laws prohibiting the sale of nearly expired or expired medical supplies. The only restriction is that your company cannot sell the expired supplies for use on live patients. If the supplies can be resterilized, and related, then they can sell them. If your company sells the materials prior to the expiration date, to a customer overseas, then the US law would no longer apply and the laws in the country in which the company is located would apply. With regards ***** ***** whistleblower protection, under the Whistleblower Prorection Act an employee has a right to report fraud by medical suppliers. If you believe the company is fraudulent, then you have a right to anonymously report and file with the FDA. I hope this helped you with your question. Any additional questions, just ask.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client privilege. Any information provided is not the practice of law.

if you have any follow up questions, please send me a message.