Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I received a call from american cash award sweeptakes saying…

Customer Question
I received a call from...
I received a call from american cash award sweeptakes saying that i won 5.5 million dollars and a free mercedes 2016 gave all the inforations that i needed to have i have addresses names phone numbers you name it but stupit enough i went and deposit $ 450.00 plus the fees $490.00 they ask me for my driver lisence on western union i also have name and address where i sent it to . went home and start it looking for the company and start it looking at the reviews from other people saying that is fraud. Now what should i do > I guess i lost the money. Now i am scare of been robe . when i went to western union i put my email and they got my address
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/2/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

Good afternoon. Sorry to hear about the scam. With this type of scam it is virtually impossible to get your money back. They usually are operating out of another country. You can call your banks and credit cards and inform them about the fraud and to put a block on an potential withdrawals and/or use of your account. You should also file a complaint with the Florida attorney generals office. I hope this helps.