Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am in need of a transcript of a phone call that I made to…

Customer Question
I am in need...

I am in need of a transcript of a phone call that I made to the bank in Dec to process a payment. They were going to process but then never did and it ended up on my credit report as late. Now, I gave them proof of the phone call time , date and number of minutes. They said that was not enough proof. That I could have been put on hold. The phone call was at 4:54 pm so that person left for the day and never processed the payment. Is there a way to get the transcript of that particular phone call?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I called on Dec 29 at 4:54 to the bank for them to process a payment on the loan. The lady said that she was going to do it. Then, I got a notice from my credit report that I was late. I called the bank immediatley and paid Dec and Jan payment at the same time. The man said he was going to have the late payment removed as it was a mistake on their part. But, I've called repeatedly to get an update and no one has returned phone calls. Today, I was able to reach someone in collections and they said that the phone call log was not proof enough.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/28/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that the only way to obtain such a transcript would be by filing a lawsuit against the bank and then demanding it through the discovery process (serving a subpoena on the bank). The bank will not just give the transcript. That is the only way the bank is going to give you the actual recordings and transcripts willingly.
Before you do that you need to contact the bank again and contact a supervisor over the people you have been talking to and see if you can get them to resolve the situation.