Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I sold a 1969 Chevy Chevelle friend of mine for $25,000

Customer Question
I sold a 1969 Chevy...
I sold a 1969 Chevy Chevelle for a friend of mine for $25,000 about 6 months ago. The buyer has tagged and titled the vehicle in his name and now decided he wants $5000.00 back because the vehicle does not have matching numbers. There is no bill of sale. This was an as seen purchase; no motor or tranny were in the vehicle at the time of purchase, nor was there ever a discussion regarding matching numbers. The story of the vehicle is that is was stolen and recovered however the tranny had to be built and tagged with the same number to the car because it was not recovered. The buyer continued with his purchase without seeing the motor or tranny.
This sale took place between two individuals in the state of Oklahoma.
What does the seller of the vehicle need to do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/26/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

what outcome are you seeking at this point?

what is the Oklahoma law on the sale of a car
trying to find out were I stand
26 January 2016 12:25what is the Oklahoma law on the sale of a car
trying to find out were I stand

the sale is final. Buyer has no recourse unless motor vehicles/seller cannot provide buyer with clear title as agreed.

he has the title in his name is their some Oklahoma law on this he says he taking it to court

If he has title, he is not missing anything and there is no breach. It's a common law principle.

Kindly let me know if that is clear, thanks.

Kindly rate me positively.