Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My car was being repaired by mechanic in which he was paid

Customer Question

My car was being repaired by mechanic in which he was paid for services then he wouldn't release car when requested and now I've found out that he has filed that my vehicle was abandoned.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The mechanic does have rights -- known as a mechanic's lien -- and can enforce those rights if the proper procedure is followed. Here's a good link you can read about the process: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ABJ-jVqwAXYJ:www.co.camden.ga.us/DocumentCenter/Home/View/330+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You should have the ability to file a response to the lien claim.....and you must do so in order to prevent your vehicle from being sold.