Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have another person that i communicating with on Match.

Customer Question
com He says he lives in...
I have another person that i communicating with on Match. com
He says he lives in Houston. His name is***** and his email
is***@******.***. He said he is a civil engineer subcontractor.
His age is 55 years old. Does he exist?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/26/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

The only way to tell if the person is really legitimate is to hire a private investigator. Care should be taken whenever communicating online.

Online dating sites are common ways for scammers to contact individuals.

That website's safety advisory is here: http://www.match.com/help/safetytips.aspx

and here is a link to the government's advisory:

http://www.onguardonline.gov/articles/0004-online-dating-scams

But with a common name, it is best to hire a personal investigator to conduct a background check to ensure the person is who they represent they are.

If you right click the photo you can "search google" for similar photos- you will see how easy it is to photoshop pictures on the internet so it is virtually impossible to confirm a picture without hiring a forensic company.