Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

NOOW A LAWWYER TRYNG TO COLECT $450.00 THTAT CLIENT NEED TO…

Customer Question
NOOW A LAWWYER TRYNG...
NOOW A LAWWYER TRYNG TO COLECT $450.00 THTAT CLIENT NEED TO PAID TO DEALER IHAD EXPENSES , CAR IN SHOP
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/25/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

I am sorry, I do not understand your post.

What is your question?

I own a Midas auto repair shop. We did an oil change for a customer. After 2 weeks the customer showed up to the shop and said the car was damaged because the oil filter fell off. We contacted our insurance company and they sent an adjuster. The adjuster found a motor replacement and they told us to replace the motor with the one that they found. The insurance gave the customer a rental car for the repair process. We had incurred some expenses getting the process started. The owner decided to go to the dealership. The dealership told the customer the car was under warranty. The customer made us pay a towing company to take the vehicle to the dealership at our expense. Now the customer wants us to pay he 457.00. I received a certified letter from a local lawyer saying that I needed to pay her 457.00. She also requested us to pay for a car rental again because the dealer is taking a long time for the repair. So our question is, since we never denied to repair the vehicle that was in our care custody and control. Also all repairs were approved by our insurance but the customer chose to get it fixes at the dealer. I know I am not responsible for paying her the 457.00 since she had the car delivered to the dealer at our expense. Please tell me if I'm right? It's possible our insurance company paid her already.Thanks,
Ariel Guzman(###) ###-####

Thank you for for the information.

Yes, you are right. You do not owe her $457.00 since she did not give you the opportunity to resolve the issue before taking the car to the dealership.