Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How do i verify a private investigator is reputable and if…

Customer Question
how do i verify a...
how do i verify a private investigator is reputable and if the information he provided me about some is reputable as well?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/22/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer

Contact your local bar association - they will have referrals for reputable investigators and process servers.

You can also verify licensing for private investigators (to see if they have any malfeasance or disciplinary issues) here: http://licensing.azdps.gov/Licenseprivateinvestigator.asp

If you want to verify the information you have been provided, you can check with a second investigator or process server. Again, the local bar association is the best place to go for referrals.