Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

A construction lien was placed on our property in Utah. No…

Customer Question
A construction lien was placed...
A construction lien was placed on our property in Utah. No order of commencement was made with the state. The company owes me money for over paying them. The shower pan they installed is crocked. What do I need to do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/22/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If they have placed the lien, but they arethe party in breach of the construction contract for their negligent work and owe you money for over payment, then you need to file suit in court for the cost to fix the negligently installed shower,the overpayment and also asking the curt to remove the improperly placed lien. For improperly placing the lien you can also seek attorney's fees as part of your damages, so I would suggest engaging a local construction or consumer protection law attorney to represent you and get this matter resolved and the negligent work corrected as well.