Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought a legendary membership on 1-17-16. I have not

Customer Question
gotten my contract emailed nor...
I bought a legendary membership on 1-17-16. I have not gotten my contract emailed nor did i get copies. What should i do? I want to cancel
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/22/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

What state are you located in?

California

Thanks; a few moments please.

Under Mexican timeshare law, the consumer has 5 business days to cancel without penalty, entitled the individual to a full refund. http://www.profeco.gob.mx/revista/publicaciones/otas_pub_06/timeshares_abr06.pdf

That brochure explains how to cancel-(by sending the cancellation via email and certified mail).

The timeshare should have provided some documentation (ie contact information). One moment please.

The company website is here, and there is a phone number you can contact to get their mailing address; you can also call the specific resort you were at and they should be able to provide that information.

http://legendarymembers.com/

I hope I've answered your question to your satisfaction. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask and I will get do my best-- If I have fully answered your question to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! Thank you; it's been a pleasure to assist you.
The information for legendary members does not have a number.

http://legendarymembers.com/ - there's a toll free number on the right side; you can also contact the specific resort you were at and ask for their office (they usually have one on sight).

Also, if a credit card was used, they will have the contact information.

If you run into any problems, the below is the complaint process from that government:

Profeco, Mexico's consumer protection agency, wants to help people who do not live in Mexico full time. They extend protection to people who do not live in Mexico and acquire any product or service from a Mexican supplier and are not satisfied with the good or service.
If you have acquired any product or service from a Mexican person and are not satisifed, you may file a complaint from outside of Mexico. This is a totally free service and does not require the presence of the consumer in the procedure.

The complaint can be submitted in any Profeco office, Embassy, Consulate or any other official office.

The Profeco address is:
Profeco - (Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor)
Av. José Vasconcelos No. 208, 6º Piso, Col. Condesa, C.P. 06140, México D. F.

You must submit the following information:

- A brief letter (1 page maximum, preferably, typed) stating the following:
Supplier's name, address, phone, e-mail or other contact information, description of the facts that explain the reason for your complaint, date of purchase, cost of the product or service, amount you are claiming, your name and signature.
- Copy of your ID (Passport or Driver´s License)
- Copy of your contract or payment invoice
- Copy of your bills, credit card slips or receipts as evidence of your payments
- Copy of all the documents available to support the complaint.

For further information you can contact Profeco at the following numbers:
office is 011-52-55-52111723, fax is 011525552112052, or E-mail:***@******.***

If you speak Spanish or know someone who does, look up Profeco's web site at:

http://www.profeco.gob.mx/

Were you able to locate the number on the website?

For your convenience I am pasting the contact information below:

1-***-***-****

***@******.***

***@******.***

That is from the website referenced above.

I hope this information is helpful and wish you the best in resolving this.
Kindly rate positively so the site credits me for assisting you-this does not result in additional charges to you.

Thank you and take care!