How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118642
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** I received a loan modification on

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** I received a loan modification on 3/29/13 and I found out today that the service of my loan did not dismiss the foreclosure until 02/29/14. What can I do about this
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was pre-approved for a loan until county papers were pulled stating the 2/29/14 date
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Real Estate Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long of a wait?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

You can make a claim against the bank for damages or file a complaint with the state banks regulatory agency.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when entering into a modification the service of the loan have a certain time they have to file a dismiss? To file a claim against the bank for damages would that be the service of the loan and do I need an attorney to file? To file a complaint with the state banks regulatory agency not sure how to go about this, can you be more specific?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the question I asked being worked on?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as Customer Service asked me to look in on you because your previous expert has not responded.
Once the modification was approved, the bank was supposed to dismiss the foreclosure suit within 30 days of the modification. However, if you did not suffer any actual damages as a result of their delay in filing the dismissal, then there are no monetary damages you can sue them for. If you did suffer some harm for them failing to dismiss in a timely manner, then you can sue and seek a monetary award for those damages you can prove you incurred.