Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My name is ***** ***** I received a loan modification on…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** I received a loan modification on 3/29/13 and I found out today that the service of my loan did not dismiss the foreclosure until 02/29/14. What can I do about this

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I was pre-approved for a loan until county papers were pulled stating the 2/29/14 date

Lawyer's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Real Estate Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

How long of a wait?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/22/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

You can make a claim against the bank for damages or file a complaint with the state banks regulatory agency.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Thanks.

when entering into a modification the service of the loan have a certain time they have to file a dismiss? To file a claim against the bank for damages would that be the service of the loan and do I need an attorney to file? To file a complaint with the state banks regulatory agency not sure how to go about this, can you be more specific?
Is the question I asked being worked on?
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as Customer Service asked me to look in on you because your previous expert has not responded.
Once the modification was approved, the bank was supposed to dismiss the foreclosure suit within 30 days of the modification. However, if you did not suffer any actual damages as a result of their delay in filing the dismissal, then there are no monetary damages you can sue them for. If you did suffer some harm for them failing to dismiss in a timely manner, then you can sue and seek a monetary award for those damages you can prove you incurred.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer