Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Lawyer of my question,me I hve been entering sweepstakes…

Customer Question
Hi lawyer of my question,me...
Hi lawyer of my question,me I hve been entering sweepstakes since 2008 I still gt letters from different sponsors 4 a couple of mnths saying I hve won a lot of money,the only thing about that is they keep asking me 2 send n a 20.00 to 30.00 dollar fee 4 only one time fee& I hve sent over $300.00 or more 2 theses people with no answer or my winnings is this a scam I hve gt myself n
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/22/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There are scammers who are sending false announcements regarding lottery prizes.
As part of the scam, you could be contacted by phone, email, text message, or a letter from a scammer who is claims you have won a prize with a Lottery. This is a fraudulent claim and there is no such prize. Federal law prohibits the sale or mailing of Lottery chances across state lines. In the future, never respond to these communications and never provide information or send money to a scammer. DON'T SEND ANY MORE MONEY TO THESE SCAMS.