Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought an as is used vehicle from a pa dealer less than 24…

Customer Question
I bought an as is...
I bought an as is used vehicle from a pa dealer less than 24 hrs ago and would like to return it. What are my rights
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/20/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Attorney 1, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

I'm sorry to hear of this situation, but you do have recourse. If the repair was part of the deal, the dealer has an obligation to make those repairs. If they do not, they are in breach of the contract and you have a right to cancel the agreement. That said, you do have to give them the chance to timely fix their error in forgetting to repair the car. If they refuse, you can consider the contract breached at that point. You can then return the car for return of any out of pocket money and no further obligation to the dealer.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know. I'm here to help. If I have addressed your issue, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted.

Good luck!

Best,

Attorney 1