Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Ordered auto replacement parts online. Within 15 minutes…

Customer Question
Ordered auto replacement parts online...
Ordered auto replacement parts online. Within 15 minutes after ordering found out was wrong parts. Called company to cancel order but they said couldn't cancel, was already sent for shipment. Informed me to just refuse shipment and would be returned at no cost to me. Wasn't home when shipment arrived so called FedEx next day to pickup parts. When they came to pickup told them I refused shipment but they wouldn't take product until I signed to release. No discussion of cost. Later received $309.00 ship charge for the $166.00 cost of parts returned. Have been discussing with both shipper and FEDEX that was not my charge for shipment. Now am facing activities from collection agency to settle shipping charge. Company gave me credit for product returned.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/19/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

what outcome are you seeking at this point?

I want them to quite billing me and I want the collection agency to discontinue sending me notices
I do not feel responsible for the shipping charges. Should I file in small claims court?

Consider contesting with card company as a chargeback

You can file a complaint with the attorney general office.

small claims court is a further and third option too.

Kindly let me know if that is fast and clear.