How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19303
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was ordered to pay restitution in federal court of

This answer was rated:

I was ordered to pay restitution in federal court of $96,000 which is the total sum of 5 bank loans. The amount I was ordered to pay by mail every month on this balance is $100 or 10% of my income for the next 5 years. I have been paying this amount since August of 2013 on time. My biggest question is if the financial institution is able to still report me as derogotory, not paid as agreed, and never posting any amount of the balance on any of the loans on the 3 credit bureaus.

No. If you are paying as agreed, your account should properly reflect that. However, if you have contacted the credit reporting agencies and your account is still being incorrectly reported, you should contact your probation Officer or the Court that issued the Order for resolution.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What grounds do I haev to file a lawsuit agaist the bureau and/or the financial institution for reporting.

Improperly reporting of your payment.

Phillips Esq. and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you