Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought a vehicle 1 Jan. I have been out of town on

Customer Question
business and just received via...
I bought a vehicle 1 Jan. I have been out of town on business and just received via certified mail with a delivery stamp of 12 Jan., a letter dated 11 Jan. notifying me the seller is electing to rescind the contract. I haven't responded as I just got the letter this morning. Can the dealer do that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/16/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I need to ask a few questions before I comment..

.

Did you finance the vehicle through the dealer or through your own bank?

.

If you went through the dealer, was any financing "conditional" or "upon approval"?

.

What is the reason they are giving for rescinding the contract?

.

.

thanks

Infolawyer, Lawyer