Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

After 10 years of business with Comcast I cancelled the

Customer Question

after 10 years of business with Comcast I cancelled the Account and I was told that am still
Liable for monies because they changed the contract 2 years ago when I dropped the cable.
and they want 1000.00 can they do trhat
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. This all depends on what happened 2 years ago. Can you please tell me:

1) How long was your original contract for (in the very beginning)?

2) Do you remember/know if the original contract mandates the same prices, etc, if the contract is renewed?

3) Was the contract automatically renewed for a few years?

Or, not sure about the above?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello – you had never replied to my Information Request so I never got a chance to provide an answer. Please let me know if you still need information, and if you could reply to my information request so I could provide one.