Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I wrecked a rental car in Texas and cant pay cost of the

Customer Question
I wrecked a rental car...
I wrecked a rental car in Texas and cant pay for the cost of the car. Is it against the law not to pay or talk to the rental car agency? I have been avoiding not talking to them
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/12/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. It is absolutely not against the law to (a) avoid conversation or (b) negotiate. In fact, negotiation is encouraged and the Court normally sends civil parties to mediation at least once as part of the suit.

Simply ignoring them however is never a good idea, since they can simply decide to sue. But negotiation is great, and often a party will accept less and/or in payment plans in exchange of filing suit.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.

Ely, Counselor at Law