How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117359
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Themador dishwasher that has been broken since

Customer Question

I have a Themador dishwasher that has been broken since November 9, 2015. It has a 2 year warranty. It was purchased October, 2014. I called State Street Appliance, where I Purchased a household of appliances. They referred me to Thermador I called them . The gave me the number of Wells Appliance. They came and said we needed a new pump and a circuit board. They have replaced both twice. After many calls Wells says they cannot fix it. Another repair company was contacted on last Thursday. They did not call me. I had to call them. Please tell me what my rights are and what can I do ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under warranty law, if the manufacturer cannot repair the unit, they must replace it or refund your money. This is in accordance to the Manguson Moss Warranty Act. So you start by sending a letter to the manufacturer informing them that pursuant to the law and your rights, the repair company claims they cannot fix the problem and you are demanding that they either replace your unit with another comparable unit or refund your money. If they refuse to do either, then your next step is filing a complaint to the state Attorney General's Consumer Protection Unit, since they have a service that mediates warranty disputes under the warranty act.
In most all cases the attorney general can resolve the complaint. However, in the event they cannot do so, your final option is having to sue the manufacturer (which rarely gets this far).

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions