How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 29818
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I talked to the State Bar about an attorney and the

Customer Question

If I talked to the State Bar about an attorney and the attorney took money from me about $1,000 and in the state Bar said he didn't do anything in which he did he filed an answer without my permission not only that he it would be an answer I would not have agreed to so now I have to get the answer amended and to make matters worse I only saw this attorney one time I gave him a check for $500 and I gave him my credit card I sent an email telling this attorney to hold on to my check be cashed it anyway I only had this attorney forfrom August 13th 2015 for about a week actually or two at that time I was trying to talk with him but he was never available anyway what are my recourse I talk to supposedly someone at the bar who was ver who I thought was leaning to ward this attorney side anyway and again his friend I want to pursue this matter further what type of attorney do I need please help me or advise I do not want to lose $1,000 it may not sound much like to these attorneys that I spoke to supposedly who said to me and I have a recorded conversation them there was no basis for my claim this is wrong
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

When you say that you talked to someone at the State Bar, do you mean that you filed an official complaint? Did they close out your investigation? What, if anything, did they say about the money you paid him?

When you say you have a conversation saying there's no basis for your claim, do you mean in the original lawsuit, or a claim against the lawyer now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First of all I think I went to the consumer or spicy 8p and I talked to an attorney about 2 weeks ago it was very mean stating that he knew this attorney that I paid $2,000 to and so then I requested to talk to his supervisor and supervisor was the same way yesterday telling me that I see your letter here and he still told that thousand dollars I don't believe that it's wrong again he's probably answer without me even coming to sit down and talk to him I don't care how easy to answer it its no easy answer because it's in my case I am the one going to this and I don't want to be so how did he tell me that he did the right thing you did not and I never heard from the guy and I question the fees and his ethical methods so what other recourse do I have again I have it recorded again I have our conversation recorded all I know he was an attorney that looked over my letter that I sent to the Skype program and he pretty much told me that again that they weren't going to do anything $1,000 is a lot to me so if it may not be allowed to him so he just said give it back to me I have to do an amendment for my answer and the reason why this guy said he had to file an answer because I was going to be in default that is not true we have never accepted service
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please forgive the last long text basically it was the attorney from the cap program pap consumer I don't know what you want to call it I think you an attorney and you know what it is especially in Arizona he said he read my letter and that I had no basis at this attorney for the $1,000 best and the letter real specific I even quoted statutes saying why I believe I was supposed to get my money back you know I'm just tired of all of this and it has to be something done and I'm going to do it please help
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If you talked to someone with the CAP program, but they didn't do a full dispute resolution, you can still request assistance through the bar's fee dispute resolution program. Here is more information on that:

That program is there for the benefit of the consumer. You do not have to use it if you're not comfortable working through the state bar association. The other option is to file a Small Claims Court suit against the lawyer for the amount you paid. The judge will listen to evidence from both sides, review any paperwork either of you have, and decide whether the lawyer is entitled to keep what you paid him.

This site can help direct you to the appropriate Small Claims Court forms for your county.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.