How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

K.S.A. 39-1101 Sections 39-........ I would like to sue the

Customer Question

K.S.A. 39-1101 Sections 39-........
I would like to sue the Chaucer Estates 10550 E 21st Street, Wichita, KS 67206 for charging me $500 for my Guide Dog. The CEO says Beau was certified in 2011 so he would welcome the law suit. I don't know what the certification has to do with it but he will be recertified again in October 2016. You can have the $500 if you sue him. He said he welcomes a law suit.
Thank You,
John M McGuigan ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am not sure what the CEO is basing his opinion on, or what certification is pending, but there is no actual requirement that service dogs be certified in order to qualify as service dogs. (This is a common misconception).

Rather than filing a lawsuit, you may want to consider filing a complaint with the US Department of Justice:

For some facts on service animals, see this publication by the US DOJ:

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions