Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Ok, thank you response!! I am required to give 60 day notice

Customer Question

Ok, thank you for your response!!I am required to give 60 day notice in order to leave my apartment. I have tried once to contact the property manager and the assitance manager regarding this issue. I left a second notice to have the property manager to contact me and I record the conversation that way when it goes to court, I will have my proof. I put in a 30 day notice, because of the situations, there are other situation going on. Please let me explain. First, I put in my 30 day notice and at the same time wanting to talk to the property manager to see if I can get out my lease without no penalty because of the neighbor actions, and let her know that is the reason why I am leaving becasue I have pictures and proof that her dogs be unleashed, which let me know that the property manager did not talk to the neighbor. Then now, she seem to be harassing my kids. Which i am demanding an appointment, if I don't get an appointment with her, then can i break my lease then? The other thing is that the company failed to come and finish there painting jobs in my complex which has been there for 3 months and they failed to come and finish the job, is that another reason in which i can break my lease? The roach infestation that is in my apartment, but the company has the pest control to spray every 3 weeks, but i continue to see roaches, is that a reason how I can collabrate all of these things and just ask for a out of my lease, or even write it up?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the follow up

YOu have to give the notice, in writing, demanding the manager correct the problem and providing the manager time to correct the problem and, letting them know if they do not correct the problem, you will consider it a break of your lease.

So you can not just leave. You have to tell the manager the problem and allow the manager time to correct the problem

Then, if the problem persists? You can break the lease

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, Thank you, ***** ***** do as you say, if nothing happens nor anyone contact me then I will put in my 60 day notice and break my lease. But the only problem is that I heard from other teneats that the property manager is rude, has a altitude, very unorganized, and does not care . If things happen not to go right, then if i find me another place and put the previous rental history on my application and they call and ask about do I owe any fees to the apartment complex and if they say yes. Then I would be no where to stay for me and my three children. Some companies just hard to deal with. but to be honest i am not feeling comfortable at my place like you said, so you are right. I can't enjoy myself at all.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

The key here is that you have to give them the chance to fix this...AFTER you provide them notice that you will leave if they do not.

That way, if you have to break the lease, you can use that letter (you keep a copy) to prove that you gave them notice and the chance to fix this before leaving the property

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

follow up

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.