Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

I want to dispute an over charged bill before it goes to

Customer Question

I want to dispute an over charged bill before it goes to collection. should I go ahead a pay it to protect my credit rating then sue later
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

That is the best way to protect your credit rating. While you can have the judge order the credit reporting agencies to correct the problems, it involves additional legal work and can be very expensive to do that whereas if you pay then you can still sue and don't suffer the ill effects of a bad credit rating.