How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have information on a ternate where he works that he may

Customer Question

I have information on a ternate where he works that he may be where his vision may inhibit him from operating an automobile in safe mater the DMV says you need to pass a test of being 20/40 in one eye the man told me that he could not see the big lettering on the door so I asked him if he drove a car and he said that he did. I asked the property manager for his name so I could inform the DMV. I have not done this yet. But after what I said I was going to do . I was sent home and know they are talking a bought firing me .I thought the DMV would like to know this and let them make a diction on this man to see if he does have a safety concern for the public. I was just looking out for the public I would hate to see someone killed because I have not informed DMV yet .What shuld I do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to know the person's name and date of birth in order to file a complaint to DMV. Otherwise, you would have to wait until he is driving and call the police and report him as unsafe and then it is up to the police to try to catch him driving and make the report to DMV.
As far as sending you home, if you are being fired for reporting an unsafe condition, then you would need to fight the termination in unemployment to get your benefits and seek to pursue the employer for wrongful termination for you reporting a safety violation to the employer, which is against the OSHA regulations.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions