Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

Is my name I was in a paasenger in a taxi in May 2015

Customer Question

Customer: Hello ***** ***** is my name I was in a paasenger in a taxi in May 2015 another car hit us long story short got an attorney the insurance agreed to pay full amount $100,000.00 signed the release form2 months ago then his paralegal say I have to wait another 30days because he wanted an avidavit that there was no other insurance I tols them why I was happy with the agreement we made they agreed I signed release well I called insurance company they told me check was mailed on Dec 9th I sent my attorney email asking if they received it he replied it takes 7 days for out of state ck to clear I asked did you receive check no reply
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: this was yesterday today I emailed him and his paralegal asking a simple yes or no will do now neither will respond why not and why have'nt I signed the check
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Protection Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me. I am currently in transit so I will opt out and open this up to other experts. All the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney with over 30 yrs experience, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Your attorney is legally obligated to follow your instructions with regard to settlement. If you have instructed him to settle and release your check then he is breaching his professional duty to you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Tell him that unless he releases your check by Monday you will file a disciplinary complaint with the state bar.