Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I purchased a 2012 Benz cls 550 for $43,000 from Northeast

Customer Question

I purchased a 2012 Benz cls 550 for $43,000 from Northeast Motor Cars, Inc. in Paterson, NJ on 7/6/15 Warranty was 90days/3000miles. 7/7/15 the check engine light came on. They sent me to a specialist in Hackensack that stated gas cap was loose and he reset the sensor. The check engine light came back on the very next day. They tried to fix the car on 4 different times. This back and forth went on for about two weeks. Finally, Ernie the sales rep brought the car back stating that the mechanic said the issue is a part that is under factory warranty so take it to the Benz dealer. My appointment was 8/21/15 and they found the same problem. The next day the light came back on; I was out of town and my wife took the car this time. I got back on 8/23/15 and on 8/31/15 went into the hospital and had emergency surgery. Due to the illness and recovery time I did not get to the Benz dealer again until 11/13/15. Fyi I have been on disability since 8/31 and will not be off until 12/31/15. So, 11/13/15 Benz dealer changed a valve, next day engine light came back and I got a new appointment for 11/20/15. This time they kept it from 11/20-11/23 however they did fix the problem. The Benz mechanic stated that it was a wiring issue cause by an accident to the rear of the car around the gas cap. I paid a total of $849.55 to have the car fixed. I went to the car dealer to be reimbursed and I got a check in the mail for $200. So, since the problem was reported while under warranty but fixed when the warranty was expired do I have a case?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow shortly in the pane below as per above parameters….

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

1. Do you have a copy of the 90 days / 3k miles warranty?

2. Did the dealer explain why he only paid you $200 for the repair?

3. Did the factory warranty expire on this ?