Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Moving and storage company would like to auction off

Customer Question
for unpaid storage. Do...
Moving and storage company would like to auction off for unpaid storage. Do we have to file a small claims suit first. What are the procedures
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/14/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Are you behind on fees to the storage company? This is the only reason why they should be threatening to auction off the unit's contents. Or, what exactly is the situation?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

We are the storage company. The clients in question are behind in their storage fees. We have mail invoices/statements, phone calls and emails to seek payment.

Ah, okay. Thank you.

I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.

Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.

My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck...

Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR.
Are you a self service storage facility?
No. A warehouse facility
Thank you for your reply.
Does your contract with the client have a clause in there giving you a lien over the property?
Infolawyer, Lawyer