How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney 1 Your Own Question
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 2601
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Attorney 1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

, I was terminated with false accusation by my

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was terminated with false accusation by my co-worker, by checking patient skin according to policy and procedure, and I was accused that I did it and patient has right t refuse it, I checked patient's hands, arms and lower extremities for bruises, skin break down or other skin abnormalities, and my co-worker lied about me and told to administration that I checked patient buttocks.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Protection Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you're having with your coworker, and can imagine how this may affect your standing as an employee. Chances are there is already some bad feeling between you and this trouble making coworker, which is what was causing him or her to lie. If that's the case, a supervisor or HR may be able to straighten out the whole matter before it blows up into something it should not be.
That's the best case scenario. In the event this person damages your reputation or standing in the company, you should know that he/she has committed legal defamation and you do have legal recourse. You always have the option of bringing a lawsuit against this person for defamation in your local court. And, even if your supervisor blows this off as your coworker's erratic and silly behavior, the court will still "presume damages" because the coworker defamed you in a vocational capacity. That means, even if you can show no actual damage, the court is still likely to award you money if you can show this person lied about you, which should not be to difficult, under the circumstances. Also, if a coworker is lying like this, I would think that when the employer gets to the bottom of the issue, the coworker is likely to lose his/her job.

I hope this information helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know. I'm here to help. If I have addressed your issue, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted.

Good luck!


Attorney 1