Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs exp with Consumer Law issues
19127644

A body shop ruined my motor by putting the wrong antifreeze

Customer Question

A body shop ruined my motor by putting the wrong antifreeze in my car after changing the water pump.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information. I assume that your question is what your legal options are. There are a couple. One is to file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division of the State. You can find out more about that by going to the following link: http://www.atg.wa.gov/file-complaint

The other option is to file suit in small claims court for the amount of damages caused by the mistake. You will need some type of statement or testimony from another mechanic or dealer stating what their conclusion is as to the cause of the damage. Also, you will need a couple of estimates on what the repairs will be.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 11th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.