Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I had a transmission issue and took it to a trans place.

Customer Question

I had a transmission issue and took it to a trans place. They replaced the trans in the time frame they said. Which too 2 weeks. This is my Construction vehicle. Payed my bill on 10-28-15, now it is 12-8-15 my truck is still not running right. They say it is a Driveabilaty issue. Took it to my Mechanic and he said it is a Trans issue. Took it to a dealership and they said it was a trans issue, took it to another shop that the original installer of the trans sent me to because he is closing up shop and he replaced the Torque Converter and said it is doing the same thing. Now I have a truck that is Dangerous to drive! I had to borrow a van from my brother. So I guess my question is I want to take my truck to a Trans place and see what they suggest. I know he is going to want me to bring it back to his guy and I dont Trust this judgement. Help!
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

1. Are you saying that the original installer is closing shop and he is not going to cover this under a warranty?

2. Is there a warranty on the parts and labor?

3. Can you please explain this better:

A. So I guess my question is I want to take my truck to a Trans place and see what they suggest. [But you already did that didn't you?]

B. I know he is going to want me to bring it back to his guy and I dont Trust this judgement. [Who is "he"] and [who is "his guy"] ?

3. Please state your specific legal question so we know what to answer for you.