Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I was asked to obtain at least 5 character references from

Customer Question

I was asked to obtain at least 5 character references from friends, clients etc.I plan to send in at least 10. My clients and friends said "why don't you write it for me an then I will add my own verbiage to it?" Can you help me write different character
references? This letter will be addressed to the Board of Accountancy and probably should indicate that they are aware of my past conviction, offenses and that I am now a reformed individual who will not be a burden to society and committed not to do the same
stupid mistakes that got me in trouble some 20 years ago. Thanks.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to tell them they will not accept letters that are form letters and as such they would need to put the letter in their own words. If you explain to the friends/clients etc. that the board requires the letters to be all in their own words, most will comply.
If the letters all look like they were written by the same individual and the others just filled in blanks, those letters would not be nearly as effective for what you are trying to do here and explain that to these people.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Thank you for your reply.