P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16+ yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

I have contact with a woman in Ghana she says she was born

Customer Question

I have contact with a woman in Ghana she says she was born in California has her passport but needs $405.00 dollars for medical exam & police report to leave ..do you think it's a scam ?? THOM
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Yes, this is a scam.
I see this question (or a variation on this question) several times each day.

Please do not send money...they will simply ask for more

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shari Esi Brown born Dec 3 1981 CALIFONIA BEEN IN GHANA SINCE 15 YEARS OLD...THE ADDRESS SHE GAVE ME WAS P.O.BOX 553 HOUSE#210/8 APAM GHANA WEST AFICA
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Again , this is a very common scam. Please do not send money...you will not see that money or this person again.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that you can send money to meet this person, but my experience says otherwise...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!