Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have a NJ LLC that purchased solar PV panels from a

Customer Question

I have a NJ LLC that purchased solar PV panels from a manufacturer in Mexico. The Mexican manufacturer was supposed to provide a "bankable"/ "backstop" (insurance? bond? irrevocable letter of credit? parent guarantee?). This financial "backstop" was supposed
to provide comfort in the event that the manufacturer failed to service or could not service (bankrupt? dissolved? evaporated? acquired) its produt warranty and gaurantee(s). Do you have an expert that in this area that want to get involved? We ordered about
7 million in product. We are holding about 1 million back in payments waiting for them to solve this backstop problem.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your actual question for us regarding this issue?