Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I am looking to have a new quartz counter top and under

Customer Question

I am looking to have a new quartz counter top and under mount sink installed in my bathroom. On Nov. 4, 2015 a company sent their Project Consultant to me re: my project.
He was very informative and presented samples, etc. Because this company has been in business for a long time and stands by its name of quality and quick service, I felt that I would go with them. Suffice it to say, since the Proj. Consultant came to see me at the interim, he has only been in touch with me twice. My co-op management office always requests licenses and ins. from whomever is performing work in the apartments. This company has not gotten in touch with my managemt. office to this day. I called the main office and spoke to one of their managers. He told me that he could not find my name in the system. He said he'd check and get back to me. This was last week. I called him again this morning, as well as the Proj. Consultant and have heard nothing still.
The Proj. Consultant had me sign via his computer so many forms. I signed some and initialed others. I then gave him my credit card and paid in full for the work to be done, which was not smart of me at all. This Proj. Consultant and this company have been stalling in performing the work for me which is not a big job. Because I have become from
very skeptical & suspicious, I had my credit card # ***** because they had not yet charged me.. Can I get another contractor even though I signed on the computer? I no longer trust this company.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1) Do you have copies of everything that you signed, or not?

2) Is the company denying even that you signed a contract with them? Or are they acknowledging them, but are simply dragging their feet?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My problem has been resolved. The contractor finally contacted me. He had legitimate personal extenuating circumstances that had taken place. He was very apologetic and is also giving me something off of my bill for the delay. He has diligently begun to work on installing my countertop. Therefore, I do not require your services.
Thank you.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Okay. I will let customer service know.