How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel-II Your Own Question
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Practice of law for 20 years
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Samuel-II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I red a company to paint interior of my home my brand new

Customer Question

I hired a company to paint interior of my home my brand new carpet was not covered correctly paint all on brand new carpet, wood that was not suppose to be painted was painted, his men used my brand new washer and dryer as a ladder scratched top a of both units, when my refrigerator was moved gouges in brand new lanolium, spots of paint all over wood paneling, the tape they used took fiish off wood. Now day three into the fourth week of a 5 to7 day job not one room of my house is done. I was suppose to be without my bed two days been sleeping on blow up bed over two weeks . I need help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where's my ten minute answer
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what you mean "where is my ten minute answer"

Also I am sorry to hear of this matter. Can you tell me what the question is in this regard so I can provide you the true and correct information?

Thank you

Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

I suggest that you need to make a written complaint to the owner of the company who is doing the work. The law requires you give them an opportunity to make corrections and fix any problems. So take pictures of everything that is wrong and the damages done.

When you write the owner that these things need to be addressed, I suggest you give him 10 days from receipt of the letter to have it all complete. And if he does not, then you will bring the matter to court

Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

You can sue for up to $6000 in small claims court on your own, without a local attorney. You can get the forms to file from the clerk of the court.

Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

You want to be sure to document everything - the pictures of the shabby work and the damage as well as a copy of the letter you send.

Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

If you need more information or clarification, please let me know. Thanks for your patience on receiving your answer!