How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a letter to tell step by step and all papers that

Customer Question

I have a letter to tell step by step and all papers that will tell the reasons that I think it should be looked in to before some one else will be taken advantage of. It has to do with Dish and Direct TV and a person that is promoting them that has not turned out as he said.
He came to our door. I had never ask for any for any changes.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I apologize, based on your post, I am unsure of your exact question.

Were you sold something door to door? (Such as a service contract?)

If so, how long ago were you sold this contract? (There is a 3 day "cooling off period" that applies to door to door sales, see: I must add this additional note - the 3 day rule is very narrow, it applies to situations described in the link, such as door-to-door sales, it does not apply to the vast majority of transactions (including auto sales - it does not apply to auto sales).

You can try reporting this business to your state's attorney general. Keep in mind, the AG's office will investigate the business for misconduct and potentially prosecute them for criminal or administrative penalties, but they will not directly involve themselves in your matter.

You can also file a BBB complaint - The BBB is fast, free to you, and can be effective, however, they do not have any independent enforcement authority - see:

Finally, you can file a small claims complaint for fraud and breach of contract.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions