Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I purchased a 2015 mitsubishi mirage in Feb & I've had

Customer Question
several brakes & rotors issue...
I purchased a 2015 mitsubishi mirage in Feb & I've had several brakes & rotors issue with this vehicle, that seems to not have any warranty have to pay the full price for for repairs & by the manufacturer being a MitsubishI the parts are extremely expensive. I've paid for brakes & rotors& still continue to have issues with it after the vehicle is repaired
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/22/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to go back to the dealer as it is their duty to make sure the repairs are done correctly. Brakes do not go bad in less than a year unless they are defective and if they are still giving you an issue they are defective. If you cannot get them to fix them, then your next step under the warranty laws is filing a complaint with the Attorney General for investigation. If the AG cannot resolve this warranty issue (there is a warranty issue because the brakes themselves should not be going bad this fast) then you would need to consider suing the manufacturer of the brake parts for defective manufacture under product liability.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer