How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6824
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are being sued by our credit union car we

Customer Question

My wife and I are being sued by our credit union for a car we bought and they financed. Unfortunately, 15 months into a 5 yr loan the engine in the car died, we had an extended warranty but that company refused the replace the engine on a technicality in the contract. At a cost of $9000 from Audi, we could not afford to replace it. We ultimately returned the car, we exhausted all our options, we could not continue to make the payment and rent a car to get around. Do we have any recourse besides bankruptcy.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) What state was this in?

2) When (month/year) did you return the vehicle (called "voluntary repossession")?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.