How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117451
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had my roof leak. Called the roofing company to fix the

Customer Question

I had my roof leak. Called the roofing company to fix the roof. Paid upfront for repair + down spouting to be put on, In a nut shell, roof leaked + no down spouting put on. After many attempts by phone, the company said we did the job complete & hung up. Contacted BBB, no word yet on results. The company rip-me-off. What can I do - I'm disabled + hard to get around to check. Another company fixed the leak for now I hope. What to do? John
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

What state are you in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
s.c. 29566 little river
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

They are in breach of contract and if you paid up front and they did not do any work, your next step is filing a complaint with the Attorney General's Consumer Affairs Division:

You need to explain you are disabled and this is potentially financial abuse of the disabled.

You also need to file a complaint with the SC Contractor's Board:

IF the Attorney General or Contractor's Board cannot resolve the matter, which they can in most cases, your final option is you will need to sue them for fraud, misrepresentation and unfair and deceptive business practices along with breach of contract and you can seek up to triple damages plus attorney's fees and you can get a local consumer protection attorney to represent you at or

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions