Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Roofing contractor's roofing job did not meet city building

Customer Question

Roofing contractor's roofing job did not meet city building inspection requirements. He is ignoring my request to come back and fix the roof to meet building department requirements. The building permit issued for this work was issued in on 1/09/2015. The roofing was done in Feb, 2015 and inspected by building department on 04/29/2015 and failed. No work has been done since that date even after several attempts to get this job completed. The building permit issued for this roofing repair has since expired. I contacted the Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint on 11/04/2015 and was notified that the complaint was closed on the same day because of "outside purview". Contracted has been paid for all his work but ignores my request to come back and fix the problem noted in the inspection report. Can you help me get this problem solved?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

We aren't permitted to give legal advice or to assist a customer other than providing information on options that are available to the consumer. Were you interested in that, or in finding an attorney that could personally assist you on this?