How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6867
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a time share i have not paid on years they talked me

Customer Question

i have a time share i have not paid on for 5 years they talked me into a too high of a payment and dues. when i got cancer in 2010 they would not work with me when i had trouble paying, and it did not turn out to be what i was told it would be. we tried to sell it and paid money to list it. no one wanted those kind of payments. so now they sent it to collections and have monthly been sending a bill and this goes to the credit places and makes my credit score lower. also i am trying to refinance my house and i cannot.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

are you asking how to deal with this debt?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Banktuptcy is an option of last resort. You may threaten to file, and you may also provide proof of financial hardship to work out a reduced amount and a payment plan.