How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 3991
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Jiffy lube didn't put enough oil in engine at oil change and

Customer Question

jiffy lube didn't put enough oil in engine at oil change and now has top engine noise. I'm a regular customer. after noise i noticed it took 4 quarts to come back up on the stick. there are NO leaks and doesn't burn oil now or in the past. Can i get them to pay to get my car fixed???
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Jiffy Lube may be liable for the damage to your car if you can show that the engine noise is directly related to the lack of oil in the car, and can prove that they did not add enough oil when they changed the oil.

Your testimony can be sufficient evidence regarding the amount of Oil. You likely need a report from an independent mechanic regarding the engine noise and its cause and an estimate of the repair costs.

Once you get the statement the next step is to write a demand letter to the Jiffy Lube. A demand letter is simply a letter that describes the facts and asks for the remedy that you want. This link shows how to write an effective demand letter:

Often times an effective demand letter will get the other party to see that you are serious. That may be enough to resolve the matter.

If they do not respond to your demand letter the next step would be to sue them. Depending on the cost of the repair you probably can sue in Small Claims Court. Contact your local small claims court for the necessary forms to bring the action. You will have to pay filing fees and service fees, but you will recover them if you are successful in the suit.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.